Thirty-Seven Wine Group is a growing family business distributing wines from around the world. We are hiring for the Charlotte, NC territory. We need someone who loves and wants to always continue to learn more about wine and selling, and simultaneously sell wine to existing and new accounts keeping up with the demand of the Charlotte growth. You must be self-motivated and ready to work hard, and enjoy yourself making new long-term contacts!
The Sales Representative position is responsible for selling wine while adhering to a flexible work schedule and the demands of the marketplace by planning time and activities to achieve company objectives. This position will cover a regional territory specifically aimed at on-premise accounts including, but not limited to restaurants, hotels, country clubs, and fine wine sales consultancy. Highly motivated people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to succeed will do well.
Resumes must include cover letters to be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develops an effective marketing and strategic sales plan to maximize wine distribution within an established and growing customer base.
• Develops broad base of support for The Thirty-Seven Wine Group’s products and services by maintaining routine contact with key decision makers
• Effectively develops complete beverage programs achieving short term goals while planning for long term growth
• Work with the existing customer base to maintain and grow business
• Cold call accounts to develop new business
• Meet established weekly, monthly, and yearly goals in a timely manner
• Effectively and efficiently run, maintain, and grow the sales route by weekly contact with accounts to build relationships and fill orders.
• Works with the Director of Business Development to monitor sales growth and market penetration with the use of daily/weekly/monthly reporting tools.
• Communicate in an extremely effective and timely manner with customers and management
• Coordinate and conduct supplier ride-withs, wine tastings, wine dinners, and staff trainings/educational seminars
• Work, when necessary, with the warehouse to coordinate product delivery, including assisting with deliveries when needed
• Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
• Responsible for communicating directly with the Director of Business Development to communicate any specific ordering or shipping needs indicated by clients within their territory.
• Arrives at work, appointments, meetings, and all work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Attends meetings and functions during the days, nights, and weekends as required
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
-Entrepreneurial spirit, goal oriented, motivated, and enthusiastic
-Proven time management skills, customer service skills, and sales success
-Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
-Attention to detail and highly organized
-At least two years’ experience in wine industry sales
-Able to work days, nights, and weekends as required
-Able to lift 45 lbs repeatedly
-Valid driver’s license